You’re getting married, congratulations!
Marriage is a sacred covenant before God, an institution created by God Himself. In order to honor our Lord and be consistent in the church’s policies concerning church weddings, we have put our church’s wedding policies in writing. (Any exceptions to the following policies must be approved by the elders.)
1. Church weddings must be between two born again believers in Jesus Christ. Those getting married should be able to give a clear profession of their faith in Jesus as Savior. (1 Corinthians 7:39; 2 Corinthians 6:14)
2. The church facility may be used for weddings only for those who regularly attend this church.
3. Church auditorium weddings are reserved for those who are not cohabiting prior to the marriage. (Hebrews 13:4)
5. Any visiting ministers participating in weddings must have like faith and practice to that of Graham Church.
6. All weddings must be preceded by premarital counseling, led by or arranged by a pastor. Those living elsewhere must complete premarital counseling with a counselor or pastor, of like faith and practice, approved by the elders.
7. The fee for the set up and cleaning crew is $175 for members and $225 for non-members. (This is not a facility rental, but the salary paid those who will clean and prepare the church for worship.) This is to be paid before wedding date.
8. Saturday evening weddings are strongly discouraged because of the necessity of setup for Sunday Worship.
9. Wedding music should be submitted to the pastors at least four weeks in advance of the wedding. Music must not violate the church’s policy for music. In short, the music must not be offensive and must be “musically excellent.” The church music policy is available on request or read it online.
10. Wedding apparel must be modest (1 Timothy 2:9)
11. The entire wedding process, including the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception, must be characterized by an atmosphere that is Christ-like, true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8) and not drunkenness and lewdness (1 Peter 4:3)
12. No smoking, alcohol or red punch on the property.